In addition to their academic qualifications, the school offers many enrichment and extra-curricular activities:
- Young Enterprise
- Sports’ Teams
- Drama and Music Clubs, with an annual school musical
- Community Sports Leaders’ Award
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Community Service – opportunities include volunteering in Key Stage 3 lessons, supporting younger students as reading mentors, volunteering at the local Primary School or working in the village Wednesday Club for the elderly, amongst other community projects
- Training as a school mediator
- Save the Children Leadership training
- Amnesty International
- If we do not offer an activity a group of students is interested in, students are encouraged to set up and run their own club
To recognise the skills students are developing through all of the activities on offer, we award eligible students an Employability Award at either bronze, silver or gold level at the end of the year.
Year 12 Extension Studies
All Year 12 students take part in an Extension Studies session every week. We organise for a wide range of guest speakers to come in and to talk to students about a wide range of issues including: drugs and alcohol, the age of consent and STIs, road safety, employability skills and careers education, study skills, global issues, financial well-being, and so on.