Statutory Consultation on proposed changes to the Admissions Arrangements for Waddesdon Church of England School to take effect from the beginning of the academic year 2020 – 2021
Every year the admission authority for all schools and academies are required to review their admission arrangements. The aim is to ensure that the arrangements continue to be appropriate, and that they comply with all the relevant requirements. The admission authority must consult on proposed changes to the admission arrangements.
The admission authority for Waddesdon School is its Governing Body. The Governing Body has decided to consult on proposed changes to the school’s admission arrangements which would take effect from the beginning of the academic year 2020 to 2021.
The main changes proposed are that:
- Children with a sibling already on roll in Years 7-10 at Waddesdon CE School at the time of application and who are expected to still be on the roll on the date of admission of the younger child will be given priority over church applicants in the over-subscription criteria;
- Children with siblings in other year groups will no longer qualify under the sibling criterion in the over-subscription criteria;
- To bring forward the removal of part of the catchment area comprising part of the Parish of Fleet Marston (shown hatched on the current catchment map) which is due to be removed completely in 2022 in accordance with our 2011 consultation.
This means that the over-subscription criteria in the event that there are more applicants than places available in Years 7 to 11 would be applied in the following order:
- Children Looked After (CLA) and children who were previously looked after (PLAA) but ceased to be so because immediately after being looked after, they became subject to an Adoption Order, Child Arrangements Order or Special Guardianship Order.
- Children who are resident in the catchment area
- Children with a sibling already on roll in Years 7-10 at Waddesdon CE School at the time of application and who are expected to still be on the roll on the date of admission of the younger child.
- Children where a parent has a strong commitment to the Church of England (measured on the basis of church attendance twice a month for the three years preceding the date of application)
- Children where a parent has a strong church commitment to other churches which are affiliated to or represented at Churches Together in Britain and Ireland or the Evangelical Alliance (measured on the basis of church attendance twice a month for the three years preceding the date of application)
- Children who have exceptional educational, medical or social reasons for gaining a place at the school which are supported by written evidence from at least one professional explaining the particular reasons why Waddesdon CE School is the only school which can meet their needs and difficulties, and why they cannot attend their catchment school.
- All Other Applications
The full proposed admission arrangements are available to read or download below.
The consultation will run from 1 October 2018 until 12 November 2018.
The Governing Body welcomes any comments on the proposed changes. Please send your comments to Nicki Logan, Clerk to the Governing Body, Waddesdon C of E School, School Lane, Waddesdon HP18 0LQ, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of Governors